Monday, February 23, 2009

Let the games begin

Well, a professor encouraged me to experiment online with a blog, so I thought I'd give it a shot. It should be a great way to improve my writing skills while staying up on times. I must also admit, I'm quite inspired by all of the dilligent Nykerks for informing the family of their affairs/antics via the "blogmosphere." (Actually I'm writing truly out of spite, how could I stand idley by while my mother, who learned to type on a typewriter mind you, has a blog up and running). Well it's up, running really isn't the proper nomenclature given her .75 posts per week. Here's a list of what's to come on The Flying Hollander:
  • sports banter with an emphasis on the Tigers, Spartans and Lions (for as long as they're the Detroit Lions and not the LA Lions)
  • youtube clips to the n^th degree
  • advertising news
  • a pic here and there
  • links to exciting new sites that "old" people would otherwise stumble across years after they've already become irrelevant (like facebook for example)
  • updates in regards to my lack of a job, give me a break the competition is stiff: (warning explicit language) http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/chi/942873935.html
  • anything exciting or amusing happening in my life
  • my new address so Big Jim can forward me all my bills.....oh wait nevermind
  • anything else I deem worthy

3 comments:

Rachel Nykerk said...

is probably isn't. ? You may want to make your first edit Danielson. Love your soon to be 50, .75 per week blogger mom. P.S Dad looked at your fraternity bill and wonders who is going to pay it?

Brenda Lee said...

Dan, I'm so proud of you for starting a blog!
From Keith: "Is Dan turning into a fairy?"
:)

Carol Sue said...

I love it already.....