Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back in action

-I would have posted sooner, but I had a big exam I had been studying for. I can gladly say that I gave it the business, 46/50...

-On our return trip from Florida one particular billboard caught my attention, it read: Big Jim's Boobie Bungalo. Now I realize how the old man manages to put us through college, his lucrative "investments".

-I was in a rush to purchase groceries yesterday due to a group meeting I had scheduled. So I grabbed one of Meijer's mini carts for maximum maneuverability and went about my business. Seeing as I purchased mainly produce I avoided the self-checkout lanes, in order to bypass inputting so many numbers. I found a standard line with two other patrons waiting to be checked out, one being an elderly woman. The second I whipped my mini-cart around the corner to enter the lane the old lady ripped a hiroshima-esque fart. Needless to say the wheels on my cart never came to a complete stop as I redirected to an alternative lane. At this point I was willing to sacrifice time for comfort. The worst part about it was her blatant disregard for the event's occurrence. One perk was the entertainment I received when an unsuspecting shopper unknowingly entered to "blast zone." She gave that bitter beer face look as if she tasted the fart. I was surprised she could smell it over the aroma of the old lady's perfume: kitty litter splashed with a hint of moth ball. (Sorry I know this blurb was insensitive and gross but I'm bored and have nothing to write about)

-Facebook has a new layout in which they blatantly knock-off the concept of Twitter. Twitter is "a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?" Facebook has incorporated this into their homepage, solely for the purpose of ad revenue. Oh well that site is basically dead to me by now.

-So the NCAA tournament starts today and I'm beginning to lose track of all the brackets I've filled out. Jeff made one particular group in which he as well as Dave, Chad and I will vie for $50 in cash and prizes, ooooh exciting. Look for MSU as they match up first round Friday at 9:50 p.m. vs. Robert Morris, which should be a curbstomping.

-I applied for a job working for Nielsen which is a market research company. The job entails working from home analyzing radio advertisements. We'll see how this pans out, they haven't responded as of yet.

-I saw the movie Watchmen last night and was thoroughly impressed, I will let my boy Sexman give you the scoop:

3 comments:

Carol Sue said...

I am so, so glad that you are "back in Action".....MSU looks good against Robert Moriss....but Memphis is tough to beat

Rachel Nykerk said...

glad your back Dan. Most elderly people start losing that control of those muscles,have less feeling from nerves, couple that with deafness and instead of disregard , she may not have heard or felt that one slip.

The Hambergulars said...

OK, the fart comments almost had me laughing out loud in my office cubicle, but then I knew I'd have to explain what I was laughing at, so I tried to hold it in. Dan, you kill me. Nielsen is nuts if they don't hire you.